image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 12:39, For it had not become leavened, since they were driven out of Egypt and could not delay, nor had they prepared any provision for themselves.

Laden with parcels and packages while shopping, we reach a point where we stop. We are filled up. Errands, chores, activities, pleasures, obligations load our hours, days, weeks. We are pressed for seconds.

What a contrast to Israel. Called by God to move in haste, they left with no provisions. Except one. His promise to lead and provide. They walked a wilderness in faith, looking to God alone.

Lord I know that I often rely on tangible foundations. Qualifications, quantities, quotas establish a safe environment for me to serve You. Like a soft blanket for a child I can clutch them in my mind and carry them into new situations.

Wrapped up in self-made plans leaves no room for You, though. I need to be empty in order to be filled. I need to be un-encumbered in order to travel light. I need to be enabled to pray “Thy will be done.” Teach me Lord to walk with empty arms and eyes of faith.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 81:10

“I, the Lord, am your God,

Who brought you up from the land of Egypt;

Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs