image: header
Home | About | Contact | Books | Blog | Fiction | Non-Fiction | Mythic Impact


Friday, April 16, 2010

Leaving Egypt Behind

Scripture: Exodus 5:21, And they said to them, “May the Lord look upon you and judge you, for you have made us odious in Pharaoh’s sight and in the sight of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to kill us.”

Once I heard a speaker say that eagles built their nests with the sticks pointing inward. As the eaglets grew, the nest became more uncomfortable and their reluctance to leave it decreased.

Moses’ request to Pharaoh resulted in stripped illusions. Pharaoh’s intentions, attitude, toward the Israelites were soon revealed. The Israelites were forced to recognize their menial standing. As they faced their reality, fury attacked Moses. First he had raised their hopes and now their situation was worse than ever.

Odious in Pharaoh’s sight, the circumstances became intolerable. Israel was now forced to leave Egypt. Later in history the Israelites were driven to Babylon. Christians compelled to leave Jerusalem. Martyrs pressed from Rome. Sharp sticks prodded within the nest.

Maybe my anger is like a stick from my nest. Is it time for me to move into new truths? Am I so busy clinging to my lifestyle, You need to ruffle my circumstances so I’ll look up and out, Lord? Cool my frustration. Clear my thoughts. Choose my course.

Psalm of Worship: Psalm 31:15

My times are in Thy hand;

Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and those who persecute me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Marcy Weydemuller | Site by Eagle Designs